Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Birds in Motor City-Part 2

If you missed Part 1, click here.  Oh and if you wonder what the heck we were doing watching the St. Louis Cardinals in Detroit, click here. 
Anyhow, after an afternoon dip in the hotel pool followed by a nap for the L-man, we were off to the game!

Our Family Photo at Comerica Park

We always try to get the Mickey photos for Logan.  He did not want to stand in front for a photo op though!
So one thing I have noticed after travelling to ten stadiums to watch the St. Louis Cardinals play is that Cardinal fans are like no others!  We have yet to be at another stadium that Cards fans were not in full force.  Our seat neighbors at this game even commented on the crazy amount of Cardinal fans at Comerica Park that night!  Here is an example of what I am talking about.

The Cardinals dugout before the game.  See all the Cardinal fans standing there?

The Tigers dugout before the game (these two pics were taken seconds apart!).  You can almost count the Tigers fans standing there on two hands!!
 So as beautiful as the stadium was on the outside with all the awesome Tiger statues, the inside was just ok.  Nice, but nothing fabulous.  It did have some cool features though.

They just added this new massively huge scoreboard this season.  This baby is 88 feet by 144 feet!!

The Chevrolet fountain.  Instead of fireworks for homeruns and such like most stadiums do, they had water fountains that shot up out of the greenery when a homerun was hit.  It was pretty neat-o!
 A little tidbit of information we learned while there was that the stadium is basically owned by the owner of Little Caesar's pizza.  That means you could get pizza at the ball park!  This was a score for Logan!

Logan and his "didda"
 They did have a few neat kid friendly rides. 

The Tiger Carousel!

"Which Tiger do you want to ride?"

Logan did not want to ride a Tiger, he preferred the bench?!?!


The Baseball Ferris Wheel.  Cool, huh?

Can you tell it was SOOOO hot?  I promise we were giving him plenty of fluids!!

A view of some more Tigers from the Ferris Wheel.
 On our way back from the Ferris Wheel, Logan spotted the Tigers mascot.  Now, Logan loves mascots.  He is not biased to just Fred Bird.  He chased this poor Tiger around the stadium for about 15 minutes.  I'm pretty sure the Tiger thought Logan was stalking him! 

Giving the Tiger a "5"

Logan and his token "cheese" face.  The Tiger girls (you know, the scantilly clad girls that follow the mascot around) were lovin' his little face!
 Logan is at the age where baseball games are only so enjoyable for me.  I usually spend the game wandering around stadiums with him because he doesn't want to watch the game.  I had an awesome idea this time and it worked!!  I was able to sit and watch almost 6 full innings!!  My trick?...

The iPad!  Yep-I am not ashamed to admit I gave Logan the iPad to play with when he got restless!

Logan and I cheesing for the camera!

Logan took this awesome (snicker...snicker...) photo of Jeff and I
 Sadly, the Cards lost the game.  But, Jeff and I did get to see Verlander pitch and OMG...wow...he was throwing 100 mph pitches in the 6th or 7th inning!!  Pretty sure, he played a huge role in the Cards loss...We did have a great time at the game though.  We love the Cards win or lose!

Nighttime shot of the scoreboard

The players in action.  We had awesome seats.  Notice how we are behind the safety net.  We always do this to avoid having to worry about fly balls hitting us on the head.  No kidding, though, at this game, there were 3 foul balls that came back and landed VERY close to use.   One was just a few rows down and a few seats over!  You better believe I was hovering over Logan praying the ball didn't knock me upside the head!!  Haha!
We still had one full day left in Detroit after the game.  I was nervous because we had no idea what the heck to do.  It ended up being a great day though, but you'll have to wait until Part 3 to find out what jewel of a place we found in Detroit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...